Do You Know a Famous Bollywood Dancer?
Although there are many amazing Bollywood dancers…here are just a few of our favorites from the 21st Century!
- Kareena Kapoor- Perhaps one of the most famous Bollywood actress of this century, Kareena Kapoor’s debut performance was in the production Refugee (2000). Since Refugee she has appeared in over 30 other movies, and has won numerous awards for her fast footwork on stage. Kareena was born in Bombay, India, to Sindhi-speaking Babita and Punjabi-speaking Randhir Kapoor. Kareena Kapoor studied information technology and microcomputers at Harvard, and studied at the Government Law College in Bombay, before finding her way to the stage. Kapoor is considered one of the best modern-day Indian dancers and actresses, with an impressive list of films that she has appeared on.
- Kangana Ranaut – Born March 20, 1987, Kangana Ranaut is one of the most well-paid actresses in India. Ranaut is a beautiful singer, actress, and dancer trained in Kathak style dance. A stunningly talented Bollywood dancer and actress from the Indian town of Bhambla, Ranuat is perhaps best known for her performance in the 2014 movie Queen. Queen became the first Bollywood film with a female protagonist to gross over 1 billion dollars. Ranaut’s performance in Queen has earned her the National Film Award for best actress and the Filmfare award.
- Tabassum Fatmi Hashmi (Tabu) – Tabassum Fatmi Hashmi, more commonly known as “Tabu” has appeared in numerous films over the years, and throughout the 21st Century. Tabu has acted in Hindi, English, Telugu, Tami, Malayalam, Marathi, and Bengali language films. Tabu has received many awards for her acting skills and performance including the National Film Award for Best Actress Critics Award for Best Actress, Padma Shri, and Filmfare awards. Although she is known for being selective about what films she stars in, Tabu has experienced a mixed rate of success with her films. A few of her films that were highly praised include Astica (2000), Maqbool (2003), and Cheeni Kum (2007).
- Katrina Kaif– Also among the top Bollywood dancers world-wide is Katrina Kaif, who is an international lady. Kaif was born in Hong Kong, however her family lived in many countries, before she moved to England. Her father was Indian and her mother was white; and she has recently gained British citizenship. Kaif quickly became popular through her Bollywood dance performances. Katrina is recognized for her performance in “Sheila Ki Jawanii,” “Mashallah,” “Chikni Chameli,” and others.
- Vidya Balan- Vidya Balan is a lovely, well-liked Indian Bollywood actress, best known for her performance in Kaahani, where she won the audience’s heart with her stellar performance, acting and dancing skills, and her ability to fit her role perfectly. Before her entrance into the film industry, she earned a Master’s in Sociology at Bombay University. She is known outside the film and acting world of Bollywood for her association with Americans for Aids Research and Hale House, an organization that support children born with HIV.
Who Can Become a Successful Bollywood Dancer?
Although, it is true that the majority of Bollywood dancers and performers are from India, and Bollywood films are usually produced primarily with Indian actors and actresses, special performances from dancers and actors outside of India occur, but they are not common. Bollywood dancers also have a certain style and costume; they typically wear brightly colored saris, and may have years of exposure and practice to Indian style dancing. Regardless of a Bollywood star’s dance history, each star has amazing dance skills, talent, and not to mention beauty!
How to Become a Bollywood Star:
If you are seriously interested in becoming a Bollywood star… it might take a bit of work! Your first step can be to take an acting class. Then, if you are still interested in becoming a Bollywood dancer/actor, join a theater group and take an Indian style dance class. Don’t forget to get connected by joining an agency or modeling! In order to become a Bollywood dancer, you will need to make contacts with other Bollywood dancers to learn the craft and enter the industry. For certain, you will also need to take care of yourself, keep a positive attitude, and dance, dance, dance! Maybe you can be the next Madhuri Dixit or Karina Kapoor!
You can check out the Bollywood dance classes offered on the website, and see if any of them interest you! If you are interested in another type of class, look at all the classes available in the area by browsing available classes on the website. The website offers a full all-inclusive list of the most professional dance studios in the area, including a wide variety of dance types. If you would like to learn more, click on the “Dance Classes” tab and see what suits you!